This chia seed pudding is as refreshing and wholesome as it is delicious! Perfect for a tasty breakfast or light dessert.
If you love fruity breakfast options try our Berry Smoothie Bowl!
Summer is finally here! When the temperature goes up I start to crave something light to start the day.
This Chia Seed Pudding with Summer Berries is perfectly light and refreshing and goes down so well on a hot day. The chia seeds and berries add some goodness for breakfast, while the delicate sweetness and hint of coconut means it can also be a perfect summer dessert.
Chia Seed Pudding
I’ve been fascinated with chia seed puddings for a while but was reluctant to try them myself. I wasn’t sure I’d be okay with the texture.
I am so happy that my curious and adventurous side usually beats out the cautious/suspicious side because the chia seed pudding was absolutely beautiful.
I made this with coconut milk and just a touch of vanilla for extra luxury. The layers make this like a gorgeous parfait. Everyone including the kids loved! Don’t you love it when ‘good for you’ food also tastes great!
- This recipe is very easy to adjust for sweetness. Taste the chia seed pudding and raspberry mash as they are made and add additional sugar to taste.
- If you are looking to reduce sugar content try using an alternative sweetener. The manufacturer should recommend the correct ratio for substitutions.
- I’ve made this recipe with soy and almond milk, but there are many other options that could be tried. Make it with oat or dairy milk to add something new to the taste.
- Raspberries and blueberries are lovely together, but other fruit and berries would work as well. Try strawberries, blackberries or mango to give this pudding a new twist.
- I love this recipe for breakfast but it works just as well as a dessert.
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Try our Easy Shakshuka Recipe for a savoury breakfast option or this wholesome Millet Porridge with Honey Glazed Plums!
Chia Seed Pudding with Summer Berries
This chia seed pudding is as refreshing and nutritious as it is delicious!
- 1 can / 400 ml coconut milk
- ½ cup / 125 ml soy or almond milk
- 6 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raspberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- In a medium mixing bowl combine coconut milk, soy or almond milk, chia seeds, 1 tablespoon sugar and vanilla extract. Taste and add more sugar if desired. Cover with a lid and refrigerate overnight or at least 3 hours.
- Before serving mash raspberries with a fork and 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Divide the coconut chia seed pudding among 4 glasses, layer with raspberry mash and top with blueberries. Serve immediately.
It is very easy to adjust this pudding for sweetness based on your preferences. Taste the pudding and raspberry mash as you make them and add more sugar if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 17mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 9gSugar: 11gProtein: 6g
Leave a Reply